Michigan Automotive Compressor Inc. – Parma, MI
MACI is one of the largest manufacturers of automotive air compressors in the world and produces mainly for General Motors and Chrysler. In total, KIRCO MANIX has constructed an additional 238,000 SF of space for MACI’s needs in manufacturing, warehouse, distribution and lab space.
• Addition of 28,800 SF of warehouse / distribution / manufacturing space
• Expansion of three bays to the plant, totaling 238,000 SF • Earthwork and road/utility relocation
• Construction of a 16,200 SF Quality Assurance Lab
• Construction of a 20,200 “Basement Storage” Facility
• Construction of a 2.2 acre parking lot
Phased expansion of fully operational, 3 shift production plant with zero tolerance for shut down or production.
Expansion of high capacity mechanical and electrical systems from existing plant to expansion space
Due to owner purchasing constraints, KIRCO MANIX worked daily with owner in buyout of various trade subcontractors and coordination of several phases of work.